Monday 22 July 2013

A hooded vest for the little monster

Hi everyone

I had planned to make the little monster a hooded vest for his birthday (it is on the list)...but it is so cold here in Melbourne at the moment that I decided to make it and give it to him now :)

I was originally inspired to make one for him by Ros, as she made some for her girls a few months back (seen here and here), and I copied her idea to use snaps instead of velcro as the pattern dictated.

So here it is:

I have used a safari print cotton cord fabric for the outer layer - purchased from Spotlight - and a pale blue micro fleece - purchased from Lincraft.

The vest is reversible  but I dont think that the little monster will wear this one in its reversed form - as the print I have used is just too cute - and he has too much fun telling me which animals he has spotted on his tummy :D


I have made a size 2 for the little monster (who is 22 months old), and it looks like it will be long enough for next year too - well I hope so anyway :P

He wore it out to the Handmade Show on Saturday morning and to a nearby cafe for a baby chino afterwards...he was extremely proud of it and kept saying (to anyone who would listen) "mama" and pointing to his vest, I don't think I could have been any more pleased about that! 

I am extremely pleased with how my 1st attempt at children's clothing has gone, I am already planning another hooded vest with some more fabric from my stash that he loves and I do think I will attempt some more children's clothes at some point in the future :)
Emma

Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. It looks great! Well done.

    Love love love the fabric.

    Thanks for linking up to And Sew We Craft Together.

    http://www.andsewwecraft.com/2013/07/and-sew-we-craft-together-linky-party-52/

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy :)
      Let me know when you get the link button fixed :)
      I'm happy to pop it up on my blog
      Emma
      xx

      Delete
  2. I'm very impressed with your ideas that are really amazing. You have good knowledge of this. Keep sharing your things with us.
    Cotton Hooded Sweatshirt Ethnicity

    ReplyDelete